Recipe by Amira Georgy
Forget ordering in this Friday night – try our quick and easy recipe for Antipasto Pizza instead. It’s loaded with delicious toppings, including grilled eggplant and gooey bocconcini, and guaranteed to become a new family favourite.
SERVES 4 PREPARATION 10 mins COOKING 20 mins
HALVE IT / DOUBLE IT / EAT IT TOMORROW / LOW IN KILOJOULES / LOW IN SATURATED FAT
- chef’s knife
- chopping board
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- baking tray
- large frying pan
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tbsp no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 rectangle pizza base
- 150g shaved light ham, torn
- ¼ cup (35g) semi-dried tomatoes, drained well
- 100g bocconcini, torn
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs
- 3 cups salad greens, to serve
- Preheat oven and baking tray to 220C/200C fan.
- Spray eggplant with cooking oil spray. Heat a large frying pan on medium. Cook eggplant for 2-3 mins each side, until golden and just softened.
- Spread tomato paste over pizza base. Top with eggplant, ham, semi-dried tomatoes and bocconcini. Sprinkle with Italian herbs.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, until base is golden and cheese is bubbling. Cool for 2 mins, then cut into pieces and serve with salad.
For a vegetarian version, swap the ham for 200g sliced mushrooms.
You could use grated mozzarella or grated pizza cheese instead of the bocconcini, if you prefer.
Nutrition info (per serving):
1409 kilojoules, 12g total fat (4g sat fat), 36g carbohydrate (5g sugar), 3g fibre, 20g protein, 717mg sodium. Read more about our Nutrition Information.