Recipe by Amira Georgy
Hearty and healthy bowl food that the whole family will love? Look no further than this recipe for Gnocchi with Tomato, Spinach & Fetta. It’s so simple to prepare – it takes just 20 minutes from pantry to plate. And you’d never guess it’s low in kilojoules and saturated fat.
SERVES 4 PREPARATION 10 mins COOKING 10 mins
HALVE IT / DOUBLE IT / MAKE IT AHEAD / LOW IN KILOJOULES / LOW IN SATURATED FAT / FULL OF VEGIES
- measuring spoons
- garlic crusher
- measuring cups
- large frying pan
- wooden spoon
- large saucepan
- slotted spoon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 basil sprigs, plus extra leaves to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups (520g) tomato passata
- 200g baby spinach
- 500g packet gnocchi
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- 3 cups salad greens, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Cook basil sprigs, stirring occasionally, for 1 min, until bright green. Add garlic and cook for 30 secs, until fragrant. Add tomato passata and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 mins, until reduced slightly. Remove from heat discard basil sprigs. Stir in spinach.
- Meanwhile, prepare gnocchi according to packet directions.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer gnocchi to tomato mixture. Season and stir gently to combine. Divide gnocchi between serving bowls. Top with fetta and extra basil leaves. Serve with salad greens.
This tomato sauce can be made, without the spinach, up to one day ahead of time. To reheat, place in a pan on medium-low heat, then stir through the spinach.
You could use 375g pasta instead of the gnocchi, if you like.
Nutrition info (per serving):
1375 kilojoules, 9g total fat (3g sat fat), 48g carbohydrate (7g sugar), 7g fibre, 11g protein, 1066mg sodium, 2 serves of vegetables. Read more about our Nutrition Information.