Recipe by Amira Georgy
Pasta bakes are crowd-pleasers, and this version – with pesto, sundried tomatoes, zucchini and a cheesy topping – will be greeted with smiles all around. It’s sure to be a hit with vegetarians, but we think meat-lovers will be impressed, too. Save any leftovers for lunch the next day.
SERVES 4 PREPARATION 10 mins COOKING 20 mins
HALVE IT / DOUBLE IT / MAKE IT AHEAD / EAT IT TOMORROW / VEGETARIAN / LOW IN SATURATED FAT / HIGH IN FIBRE / LOWER GI
- vegetable peeler
- measuring cups
- chef’s knife
- chopping board
- garlic crusher
- medium baking dish
- large spoon
- small bowl
- 350g casarecce or other short pasta
- 200g basil pesto
- 2 green zucchini, cut into ribbons
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes (not in oil), roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (70g) fresh white breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (20g) grated parmesan
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- cooking oil spray
- 3 cups salad greens, to serve
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Place pasta in a medium baking dish. Add pesto, reserved cooking water, zucchini, sundried tomato and garlic. Season and toss to combine.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and thyme in a small bowl. Scatter over pasta bake and spray with cooking oil. Place under grill for 2-3 mins, until golden.
- Serve pasta bake with salad greens.
You could use our Basil & Almond Pesto for this recipe.
The breadcrumb topping adds a delightful crunch to this pasta dish, but if you’re tight on time you can skip it, if you like.
Nutrition info (per serving):
2676 kilojoules, 24g total fat (4g sat fat), 81g carbohydrate (9g sugar), 9g fibre, 20g protein, 809mg sodium. Read more about our Nutrition Information.