- 125g amaretti biscuits
- 125g digestive or wholewheat biscuits
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 400g strawberries, hulled and halved, to serve
for the filling
- 4 eggs
- 115g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 600g ricotta cheese
- 160g (⅔ cup) mascarpone cheese
- 50g (⅓ cup) plain flour
- grated zest 1 lemon, plus squeeze of juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 23cm springform cake tin and line with baking paper. Put the amaretti and digestive biscuits in a large sealable bag and crush with a rolling pin until fine crumbs. Tip into a bowl, add the butter and mix until all the crumbs are coated. Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly over the base. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C.
- To make the filling, lightly beat the eggs and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add the ricotta, mascarpone, flour and lemon zest and squeeze of juice and continue beating until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the biscuit base. Bake for 45 minutes, or until just set with a slight wobble in the middle. Switch off the oven, open the door a little and leave the cheesecake to cool completely.
- Spoon strawberries over the top before serving.
Extract from the book Bill’s Italian Food by Bill Granger. Photography by Mikkel Vang. Published by HarperCollins, RRP $49.99.