Sponsored by Peppercorn Food Company
What is it? Peppercorn Food Extra Lean Beef Burgers are healthy and yummy. Actually, all products in the Peppercorn Food range (including sausages, burgers and meatloaves) are extra lean – meaning there’s less than 3% saturated fat in every serve – and they get the Heart Foundation tick of approval, too. They’re made from fresh ingredients and are gluten free, and as a brilliant bonus, the packaging is biodegradable and can be composted. The Burgers are available in traditional beef as well as a spicy Asian variety.
How much does it cost? RRP $7.49 for 6 x 90g patties.
Where can I buy it? The Peppercorn Food range is sold in Woolworths stores and leading independent supermarkets nationally.
Where can I find out more? For news, recipes and competitions, Like Peppercorn Food on Facebook here.
Do we like it? The Moodie Foodie tells us what she thinks of Peppercorn Food Extra Lean Beef Burgers, and shares a delicious way to use them in Chinese-inspired wraps.
The Moodie Foodie says… Everyone loves a burger, right? Kids and adults (and cats, dogs, and probably even the odd budgie…). So when I was asked to try Peppercorn Food’s Extra Lean Beef Burger patties, I did so with lip-smacking pleasure; I couldn’t wait to get into the kitchen. These patties are not only great for burgers, but also make for healthy, yummy meatballs, rissoles, sausage rolls, pizza toppings and wraps. Mmm, wraps… I love a good wrap like I love a good burger. In fact, I love them so much that I’ve used some of Peppercorn Food’s Asian-flavoured burger patties as a filling for these tasty-licious Chinese Beef & Salad wraps. The Asian spices in the burger patties make this easy lunch or dinner recipe a winner (if these patties are a little too spicy for your little kids, swap them for the traditional beef – they’ll taste great in this recipe!). All you need to do is cook them and wack into a wrap with some tasty shredded vegetables and a little hoisin dressing: Out. Of. This. World. So next time you’re in the supermarket, look out for these patties – they have less than 3% saturated fat and the Heart Foundation Tick of Approval; and mine, too!
Chinese Beef & Salad Wraps
SERVES 6 PREPARATION 10 mins COOKING 10 mins
LOW IN SATURATED FAT / HIGH IN FIBRE
- vegetable grater
- chef’s knife
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- screw-top jar
- non-stick frying pan or barbecue hotplate
- metal spatula
- 540g packet Peppercorn Extra Lean Beef Burgers
- cooking oil spray
- 6 soft wraps
- 2 medium (about 200g) carrots, grated
- 6 green onions (shallots), finely sliced
- 2 cups (about 100g) shredded cabbage
- coriander leaves, to serve
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- To make hoisin dressing, place all ingredients and 2 tsp water in a screw-top jar. Shake vigorously until well combined. Set aside.
- Using wet hands, flatten each burger patty to 5mm thick. Spray a non-stick frying pan or barbecue hotplate with oil and heat on medium-high. Add burger patties and cook for 3 mins each side, until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5mins. Break each patty into 6-8 pieces.
- To assemble, place wraps on a work surface. Divide carrot, green onion and cabbage between wraps. Top with burger patty pieces and drizzle with hoisin dressing. Fold over end and sides of wraps to enclose filling. Serve with coriander leaves.
Nutrition info (per serve):
1272 kilojoules, 10g total fat (3g sat fat), 6g fibre.
Peppercorn Food Company is an Australian-owned business dedicated to creating delicious and nutritious sausages, burgers and meatloaves that you can feel good about feeding to your family. All the ingredients used to make the Peppercorn Food range are Australian grown, and their focus on health and well-being even extends to their biodegradable, compostable product packaging. You can find out more at the Peppercorn Food Company website..